Canadian franchise plans coast-to-coast growth with sustainability in mind
TORONTO (January 15, 2019) – St. Louis Bar & Grill, Canada’s preeminent chicken wing franchise, has announced new environmentally friendly measures to ensure its expansion across the country is as eco-conscious as possible.
“We recognize that the restaurant industry can have a sizeable impact on the environment, and it was important that our expansion plans included meaningful sustainability practices as we seek to grow nationwide,” said Royal Nasager, VP Marketing, St. Louis Bar & Grill. “That’s why in 2018 we implemented a green project team, and now have several measures in place to reduce waste wherever possible within all our restaurants and at home office.”
Following the green project team’s recommendations, several environmentally sustainable practices have been rolled out in 2018 across the St. Louis Bar & Grill network, including:
- Straw switch: The company has eliminated all plastic straws and introduced new biodegradable paper straws across all locations.
- Eco-containers: All orders for takeout at Louis Bar & Grill are now housed in either biodegradable containers that are durable, microwaveable and compostable, or recyclable containers.
- Bottled water: The restaurant chain now offers bottled water from Quebec-based Eska, which is committed to sustainable production and fully recyclable products.
- Construction: Wherever possible, all new or renovated restaurants will incorporate environmental best practices with a LEED certified team.
- Paperless: A new online communication platform allows Louis Bar & Grill to be a digital, and paperless, workplace.
Known as a casual, local neighbourhood bar and eatery that delivers exceptionally friendly service and great food, St. Louis Bar & Grill first opened in 1992 in midtown Toronto, and began franchising in 2002. Today, the chain has grown throughout Ontario, New Brunswick and Nova Scotia to include more than 60 locations, and is focusing on expansion in Western Canada, beginning with its entry into the Alberta market in the spring of this year.
About St. Louis Bar & Grill
St. Louis Bar & Grill is a 100 per cent Canadian casual dining restaurant chain that has served its famous signature chicken wings since opening its first location in 1992. Now with more than 60 restaurants, serving 2.2 million pounds of wings each year, St. Louis Bar & Grill is headquartered in Toronto, Ontario where it has been voted favourite wing spot for the past six consecutive years. With a diverse menu, 29 sauces, a mix of family and bar seating, and large summer patios, St. Louis Bar & Grill has something to offer every wing lover. St. Louis Bar & Grill proudly support Autism Awareness, promoting acceptance through education and has raised more than $1 million for the cause. For more information, visit www.stlouiswings.com.